Madrid offline

26 respuestas
    Letroncio
    en respuesta a Olaf

Only reds?

Ver mensaje de Olaf

Are not there white wines for this evening? Oh my god!! I if had known it I couldn't bring a red wine.

Well we can celebrate red win in Euro with red wines.

See you this evening!

Aitor Alegría Alonso (@siempre_a_plato)

Olaf

Re: Madrid offline

Update: 5 reds, 1 sparkling white, 2-3 whites, 1 sherry, 1 sweet white.

And we have, Monterrei, Ribera Sacra, Rias Baixas and Bierzo, from Galicia. Off-topic we have La Mancha, Penedes, Jurançon and Sherry.

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Madrid offline- a great evening

Ver mensaje de jose

On looking back at my notes I realise how bad my handwriting is (and it's not the fault of the wines because wine 1 is a difficult to read as wine 15 !)

Thanks for organising this and it was great to meet up with the posters here and put faces to the names. Also nice to meet new people who do not post here.

A few of the wines were...

Amontillado- La Bota De
    Yellow brown colour, nutty nose, spirity,viscuous in the mouth, full, absolutely lovely, got better and better
    as the night went on. Indeed I'd have been happy sipping it all night.

Airen- Patio
    this was brought by one of the guys and made by him as well ! Samuel (?)
    I really liked this, pale colour, restrained nose (only just bottled the day before)
    soft and smooth on the palate not much acidity,really very good and great value.
    Fermented on its lees and aged in 6yr old wood, no sulphur used.
    (we were speaking Spanglish so details may have been missed by me)

The same winemaker brought two reds along
    Patio 2007 (La Mancha) 90% Syrah 10% Cab Sauv
    Cherry red, purple robe, smells youthful, raspberries and some pepper
    quite drying on the finish, high alcohol 15% not very obvious but the wine was quite cold

I preferred the Patio 2006 100% Syrah
    Cherry red, green pepper on the nose
    nice rich mouthfeel, perhaps a touch 'hot', some leather notes.
    but very good, had it down as Syrah/Mouvedre

Palazuelo 2005 Raul Perez Bierzo (my WOTN)
    Deep cherry almost black colour, very rich dense nose, inky, mineral.
    In the mouth it is full and rounded. Trace of alcohol.
    Thought this was new wave Tempranillo bit it's Mencia.
    I'd like to try this again in a different setting.
    By no means a group favourite.

Paixar 2002- A wine I like very much. Showed more oaky than I remembered it. Not as mineral as in previous tastings. While others didn't like it as much as me they seemed to be surprised by its age believing it to be younger.
    I hope with time the oak will integrate and on this showing it has plenty of life left in it.

Cuvee Marie Kattalin Domaine de Souch 2002 Jurancon
    This was our end of meal sweetie. Very good, powerful sweet nose but not as sweet or long on the palate.
    Some nice acidity keeps it refreshing.

I think my preferred wine style differs a great deal from this tasting group
    but it didn't matter as the jokes and bonhomie were what the evening was about.
    The wines were an excuse to get together.
    If we all agreed on every wine it would be a boring passion.

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

As I said you...

Ver mensaje de RayQ

We were very glad to meet you and share time, table, laughs and wines with you.
    There were some other wines... I remember...
    - A Manzanilla (La Bota de)
    - A correct but flabby Terras Gauda and also a correct Terra do Gargalo
    - A hidden surprise of a Pinot Noir from Niagara
    - An odd wine, from my point of view, made with Loureiro tinto from Forjas del Salnes. Extremely odd IMHO.
    - Leirana, that I wouldn't distinguish of B&L... different grapes and same oak? };))))

And maybe and missing some other...

As you say this meetings would be really boring if we would agreed with every wine... Now I'm thinking... if we don't mention the Manzanilla and Amontillado no member agreed with the others in any wine! ;)))))))))))))

Cheers,

Jose

Relacionados
  • Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar