May/2007 wines.

5 respuestas
    jose

May/2007 wines.

Ver mensaje de jose

Monthly report...

- Arzuaga Reserva 1999. Bodega Arzuaga-Navarro. DO Ribera del Duero.
    I’m not a fan of this DO, so I don’t feel fond of this bottle. Positive surprise: It’s not disappointing. Round and soft wine. Not so offensive despite the alcohol. It’s the touch of black rippen fruit and absolutely round tannins. It’s also a hint of vanilla. IMHO it has a slight lack of acidity.
    It’s been not so bad paired with some stuffed ’pimientos del piquillo’ and tripe and chickpea stew (a traditional spanish dish).
    Here we go with the QPR. This bottle was a gift, but I see that the price is about 21 to 32 EUR. Bad QPR in my opinion. This is a wine I wouldn’t avoid in a wine list if I don’t find any other I like, but by no means I would buy a second bottle of this wine for this price.

- Mas d’en Compte Blanc 2003. Celler Joan Sangenís. DO Priorat (about 10 EUR)
    Absolute silence for about an hour. Then wake up and appears some different smells. Nonetheless it’s like when instruments in a orchestra are getting the tune until the director call their attention to have the proper harmony. Passion fruit, honey scent, burnt sugar/coffe, tires after a sudden brake... It reminds me in slight manner the white wine from Murrieta. Maybe the grapes variety, maybe the wood... At this moment and IMHO it’s a lack of harmony.
    It’s been not so bad with a ’bacalao a bras’ (portuguese dish) and
    some mango slices in the oven with blood & rice sausages with a topping of melted manchego cheese.

- Milflores 2006. Bodegas Palacio. DOQ Rioja. (3.8 EUR)
    This wine is one of the first I began to drink when I came to oenogeeks world. My first vintage was 2001 and since then I visit this good old friend a couple of times during the year.
    It’s always a nice wine, fresh, fruit and flower. At this moment it doesn’t have too much carbonic presence, but fruit and still a slight touch of strawberry chewing gum.
    It’s always nice with the easy spring dinners where all you need is
    being the mood to have a nice sip. Obviously nice QPR.

- Hermann Dönnhoff Riesling Trocken 2002. Nahe. (15 EUR)
    When I bought this bottle I had no idea about what riesling was, but I
    bought a couple of bottles. A sort of a bet I guess.
    White fruit, citrics and a slight touch of benzin. Soft sip; weighty.
    Nice wine to drink with food. This time with prawn & mushrooms sautée
    with homemade pork sausage and american sauce; and ratatouille, cod
    and grilled apple mayonnaise. Right QPR for about 15 EUR.

- Blanco Nieva FB 2004. Viñedos de Nieva. DO Rueda.
    When we talk about wines of this winery I’m really far of being objective, neither with this bottle that it’s a gift indeed.
    As uncorked appears a deep smell of toasted. Really intense. It doesn’t disappear ’til an hour after. Then appears scents of dry wet grass and a slight touch of white flowers. Nonetheless the most intense of all is a roux aroma. That’s the wood undoubtly.
    It looks quite similar to Pie Franco but adding a creamy touch that makes a nice sip added to its great acidity. It’d be a really nice sipe if the wood wouldn’t be so noisy.
    It’s been nicely paired with cod balls.
    I wonder how many time is needed to allow the wood reach its harmony into this wine.

Regards,

Jose

jose
    en respuesta a Midi

It’s a sauce made with..

Ver mensaje de Midi

The skins and heads of raw prawns, stirred with finely chopped onion, some tomato, touch of wine and flambée with a hint of whisky. Finally the sauce goes to a food mill and you have a quite savory and full of flavour sauce.

Regards,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar