Verdejo - the new Sauvignon?

16 respuestas
    MaJesus
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: Verdejo - the new Sauvignon?

Ver mensaje de suiko

I really LOVE verdejo whites (and I agree with Paco’s choice of Jose Pariente). But I must admit that I approach whites in a non-serious, non-tasting mood. It is my ’easy’ wine, the one to enjoy without concentrating and thinking too much, something very friendly ... with this approach, an extraordinary RCP is needed, and good verdejos from Rueda have the best RCP in Spain by far (with some excepctions, of course. For instance, Paco Ferre white is very cheap and incredibly enjoyable). Of course, it all depends on the partcular taste, and mine is for really really dry wines. I hope they get the recognition they deserve.

MaJesus

MaJesus
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: I forgot ...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

.. sorry, in the ";exceptional RQP"; I forgot to mention the old Lopez de Heredia whites, which are wonderful ... but they are not so easy: it is a very different philosophy

MaJesus

ahalliwell
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: Verdejo - the new Sauvignon?

Ver mensaje de suiko

I recently worked in Castilla y Leon and so had the chance to try a few Ruedas. I would agree that a crisp Rueda white reminds me quite a lot of the Sauvignon Blancs from Marlborough, although Rueda tends not to be as ridiculously intense.

Amongst my fave Ruedas that I tried which were new to me would be:

Martivilli, Jose Pariente, Nieva and Basa (Telmo Rodriguez). The Basa was delicious and an absolute bargain at 9 euros in the ";Senyor Parellada"; restaurant in Barcelona.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar