Devil’s weapons

11 respuestas
    WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Devil’s weapons

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

I suspect this is bullshit. The more you carefully read the link you provided, the less it seems to clearly say.

Even if this were true:
    ";If after several dips (or a continuous dip of a few seconds), the wine remains pleasant or improves, you can buy with confidence, it will age well. If the wine deteriorates after one or two seconds of contact, the wine has little or no ageing potential, and should be drunk within a year or two.";

...then I still do not see the point. I think most of us can determine whether a wine will last more than 1 or 2 years by an alternative scientific method: dipping your tongue in the glass.

On the other hand, I wonder why it would not be possible to find some method to oxygenate wine more quickly as it is served. I recently decanted a bottle of 2001 Sot Lefreic and waited two to three hours. The wine was so closed the only thing I could smell was the faintest hint of toast. I waited longer: absolutamente nada. Only after 32 hours(!) did the wine reveal impressive qualities.

JoanF
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Re: Devil’s weapons

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Very good Walt: ";...then I still do not see the point. I think most of us can determine whether a wine will last more than 1 or 2 years by an alternative scientific method: dipping your tongue in the glass.";

Oh! yes indeed, and that is what’s about! who will use this device seriously if he will use his tongue anyway (even only just for drinking)?...

By the way, you had quite enough paitence with Sot Lefriec (where did you buy it? US-Penedès?)... will you comment it more deeply? do you think it’s worth the price?

Regards!

Joan

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a JoanF

Sot Lefriec

Ver mensaje de JoanF

I found the 2001 Sot Lefriec in New York. When I first heard rumors about the wine a few of years ago, I had to search very hard to find a bottle of the 1999 in Barcelona.

Is the wine worth the price? Who knows? I paid less than what the wine typically sells for in Spain. It certainly is a very opulent wine if one has the faith and patience to let it open up. Of course, one should let the bottle age at least 5 years rather than artificially ";aging"; the wine by letting it in the air for days. How the wine will perform after proper aging is not clear, but the signals are quite good. I am happy to have a few bottles because the wine is rare and very few people seem to know about it. It is good to have a few surprises in one’s cellar to serve when you want to be sure you pour something that your guests have never had before.

I’ll try to post a tasting note.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar