Verema forumites join Robert Parker Forum!

12 respuestas
    CarlosR

Verema forumites join Robert Parker Forum!

Ver mensaje de CarlosR

All verema forumites (in response to the Spanish wines have lost their buzzz... post),

If you guys care about how Spanish wine is regarded in the English Speaking forums, join the Robert Parker forum and post!!!

Spanish wine content in English speaking forums varies depending on the forum. At Wine Spectator’s forum, there is very little discussion on Spanish wines. One of the reasons is that the Spanish wine reviewer (Thomas Matthews) is very ";stingy"; with his ratings. He will give a Spanish wine a rating of 95 or greater maybe once every five years. The last five being, I believe, Clos Mogador 01, L’ermita 95, Pesquera Millenium 96, Valsotillo Gran Reserva 94 and a Vega Sicilia released about 5 or 6 years ago. To Wine Spectator’s credit, this year they included like three or four value Spanish wines in their top 100 list. However, most serious wine drinkers dismiss this list as boring and irrelevant.

Another reason is the bad reputation Spanish corks have in the US (I have been a victim several times). If this is not a problem in Spain, then it might have something to do with the pounding these wines might get when transporting to Europe.

Finally, the WS forum is mainly geared toward US wines just like verema is mainly Spanish wines.

Over at Robert Parker you will see more discussion of Spanish Wines as there are forumites from all over the world including your own Victor Serna. Over at the forum you will see more discussion of Spanish Wines. However, it is still less than Bourdeaux and Californians. However, it is either about the same or more than Italians, Australians, Rhones and Burgundy. Robert Parker is on the Spain bandwagon and just last year he gave about 10 wines a rating of 95 or higher (Vall Llach 00, El Pison 00, Mauro VS 95, Termantia 00, Contador 00, Clos Erasmus 00, Clos Mogador 00 and a couple more). As you can see this is a huge discrepancy with the WS reviewer.

He will include his latest review of Spanish wines in the next Wine advocate (late February) and I will keep you guys abreast of his latest comments.

As such, I strongly encourage your group at Verema to register over at the RP forum and inundate the boards with comments on Spanish wines. Do not leave it all to Victor!!!

MCamblor
    en respuesta a CarlosR

Ahem...

Ver mensaje de CarlosR

How many more acolytes does Mr. Parker need?

Perhaps it would be better if those denizens of the Squires’ board interested in a fresh and interesting new angle on Spanish wine come over here, don’t you think?

M.

Juan Such
    en respuesta a CarlosR

R. Parker forumites join Verema Forum!

Ver mensaje de CarlosR

Carlos, imagine I post the subject of this message on the eBob forum. Do you think it will survive or could be considered plain spam?

It’s a sorry that your interesting comments about Spanish wine content in English speaking forums have this ";subtle"; spamming message.

As Manuel says, Parker and Mark Squires forum are known enough. What is needed is a fresh view about Spanish wines (and wines from another countries) and the Verema forum and TNs section (in Spanish) have been doing this for near 3 years. We hope that this English version of the site could continue on that philosophy.

So, if you have any comment or doubt on Spanish wines or whatever you know now where you can post, apart from eBob :-)

Cheers

jose
    en respuesta a CarlosR

Hey Carlos... take it easy! ;-)

Ver mensaje de CarlosR

It’s not a spanish wine sacred crusade ;-) If there’s a crusade... well... it’s a crusade for good wines, wherever they come from #D

Anyway, maybe you can’t tell somebody ";Hey you! here is a path that deserve to be walked";... ok, I know... we can tell something like that... but I’m pretty sure that noise doesn’t guarantees you to be listened ;)

Cheers,

Jose

CarlosR
    en respuesta a CarlosR

Re: Verema forumites join Robert Parker Forum!

Ver mensaje de CarlosR

Guys,

Wow!!! My apologies for those offended by my comments.

From reading my post, I hope you guys can notice that I am a huge fan of Spanish wines (my cellar is about 50% Spanish wines and 50% everything else). And I wish the fine wine drinkers from Europe and USA could see what they are missing instead of always talking about Bourdeaux and California wines. Also, in light of the recent post by someone else about Spanish wines losing buzz in English speaking forums, I thought forumites here care what other wine aficionados around the world thought of Spanish wines. As such, I urged you guys to join the Robert Parker forum to increase participation/discussion of Spanish wines or based on your responses to tell them to come over Verema and join your forum to discuss wines!!!

I guess my post came across as elitist and for that I offer my apologies. But in no way I wanted give the impression that that the RP board is better than Veremas. To me it is just another forum but one of the better ones that I have come across because there is a wide spectrum of opinions (not because it is RP’s forum; it is actually Mark Squires board). In my post I also wanted to give you a perspective as to why ";Spanish wines may have lost buzz in English Speaking forums";.

When it comes to wines, I like to get as much feedback as possible before purchasing wines. For Spanish wines I use Penin, Verema and El Mundo Vino, as well as Tanzer, Parker and Wine Spectator. I also go through other forums to see what consumers think.

So I hope this clears the air a bit. And again my apologies for those offended by my comments.

N_Neocleous
    en respuesta a CarlosR

New forum member

Ver mensaje de CarlosR

Hi Guys,

Thank you to my good friend Manuel Camblor for pointing out this interesting site for passionate winelovers. I post regularly on the Squires Board, and have added my first tasting note to this site today.

For me, there are so many areas of the world and I enjoy many different wines. My wine passions are varied, although I enjoy good Rhone wines and Vintage Port (not necessarily expensive). I have been drinking Spanish wines for a few years now, and it is interesting to see changes between older styles and newer examples.

Nicos

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar