Last weeks wines. Some in May, some in June....

3 respuestas
    jose

Last weeks wines. Some in May, some in June....

Some there, some here.

- Muga Rosado 2008. Bodegas Muga. DOC Rioja. (4,84 EUR)
    Electrical strawberries explode in your nose and mouth. Intensely young. Summer nights and the pairing is your choice.

- Domaine Piron et Lafont. Chenas Quartz 2004. (9 EUR)
    It's tight. Smells and flavours come and go intensely. Herbaceous hints, stalk, dust, stone, a touch of dark chocolate falls behind some strawberries and sour cherries. A pinch of plastic goes away as fast as it came. Also animal smell that go away as came. Austere, tight and rough. Full of character. It's been a good pairing for a potatoes omelette and roasted chicken.

- Hermann Dönnhoff Riesling Trocken 2006. Nahe. (14 EUR)
    The basic wine that every winemaker should have in mind. At this moment it fills your senses. Grass, apricots, jasmine; fruit and flowers overlap each other depending on the moment. A touch of bitterness that grab your mouth and avoids the density to raise when sipped. The acidity sweeps your senses and heads you to the next sip. Very long, it's really persistent.
    Last sips of wine in the house where I've enjoyed many dawns and sunsets.

- Rosé d'folie 2008. Jean-Paul Brun. Appellation Beaujolais Rosé Contrôlée (10.4 EUR aprox)
    Overwhelming amount of boxes and among them I find the glasses. I need a breath, a bit of relax and a sip of comfort wine.
    Sadly disappointed. Mr. Nothing Rosée. Fresh and a touch of red fruit, but no more. Is it its real nature or it was tired by the travel?

- Arbois Savagnin 2006 "a la Fauquette". Domaine André et Mireille Tissot. Appellation Arbois Contrôlée (20 EUR)
    Quite different wine, at least from my point of view and bearing in mind the kind of wines I use to drink. I can't avoid the comparison with other wines to describe this one. As uncorked it shows as a fino without the sea notes. Then goes to wines like Tondonia or Murrieta whites. Back of coffee, toffe and a bitterness that makes me remember that beverage named Bitter-Kas.
    Upsetting but in a positive manner. I've enjoyed and it looks to me as a good wine for an amount of different dishes. This time it's been paired with tuna and green asparagus sautée. Anyway I've the feeling that it's been uncorked too young.

- La bota de Fino 15 (15-18 EUR aprox)
    Dry, tight, serious, deep, long. Growing sensations as days goes by. Fino that looks like a gentleman. Nicely paired with early figs and serrano ham carpaccio.

- Gran Feudo Rosado 2008. Bodega Julián Chivite. DO Navarra (3.12 EUR)
    Have we lost the battle? As many times I've said this wine was a great sample of rosé. Unfortunately, in the last vintages, it's been loosing some of its best characteristics, for instance, acidity, vividness and the capacity of being a really stimulating sip. Nowadays it's just a rosé in the shelves.

- Blanco Nieva Sauvignon Blanc 2008. Viñedos del Nieva. DO Rueda (5.23 EUR)
    Strongly aromatic. The fruit of passion sounds with high volume. In the backstage there's a touch of bitterness and acidity that avoids the sip being cloying. The acidity is enought this vintage, but I miss the one of the preceding vintage.. There's still a slight bubbling fizz.
    I think it's a good pairing for that kind of saladas that appear on our tables on summer.

- Côte de Brouilly 2008. Jean-Paul Brun. AOC Beaujolais. (13.6)
    Wine that tastes as wine! Absurd? Not really, it's a wonderful sample of real Beaujolais!
    It's a very light hue. Fresh and hard strawberris. Green hints that reminds me the CM wines. Touches of bacon, smoke, spicy or grind black pepper. To buy and drink by cases! It's really a pretty wine.

Cheers,

Jose

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Last weeks wines. Some in May, some in June....

Ver mensaje de jose

Try some of Stéphane Tissot's wines if you get the chance, José! They cost about £20 over here.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar