August 08 report...

0 respuestas
    jose

August 08 report...

In a day that looks like an early and soft autumn in an ending summer...

- Blanco Nieva Verdejo. Bodega Viñedos de Nieva. DO Rueda. (aprox 6 EUR)
    As good as usual. Fresh and vivid with a touch of fizz at this moment of its life. Anisseed, herbaceous, asparagus plant and a final touch of bitterness. It's been paired with a salad made with potatoe, red bell pepper, tomatoe and marinated (anchovy style) mackerel; also with a dish of roasted fish with serrano ham. Good QPR.

- Malvarrosa 2007. Bodegas Xaló. DO Valencia (3.61 EUR)
    Strawberry chewing-gum, rubber eraser Milan labeled (25 pesetas... a strong remind from my childhood!). Round shaped without anything to grab into its semisweetness. It's not my cup of pink. It looks to me as a sort of Lambrusco without bubbles. How can I pair it with food? No idea. Now I remember not to pay only attention on how the wine looks!!!

- Maximin Grünhaus - Schubert'sche Gutsverwaltung Riesling 2006. Mosel-Saar-Ruwer. (12 EUR)
    Mixed candies with lemon, honey and herbs. You can feel the RS and no trace of cloying. The acidity comes in the third layer, after the RS and a nice bitterness. Good pairing of Brie-like cheese and a salad with some different kind of lettuces, smoked salmon and kiwi. Good QPR.

- Puerta Cerrada Rosado 2007. Bodegas Jeromín. DO Madrid (1,22 EUR)
    I bought this bottle to fill a six box (finally were more than 6...), tasting a new rosé and with a low-cost price. With this prerequisites I didn't expect anything but a quaffable wine. I expected a boring rosé, one of those you can see anywhere lying on the shelves. First sips confirmed this expectation, but... wait a moment... maybe it's not so boring... Yep, it's red fruit and watermelon touches but it's a slight hint of bitterness and acidity that grabs you in an unexpected way. In a tasting season it'd have been forgotten in a second, but this unexpected nudge makes an interesting wine to be paired with easy dishes, for instance, a fast warm salad with canned mussels, tomatoes, white asparagus and boiled potato (hey! I cannot do better in 10 minutes!). Well, it's a very good QPR!

- Château de la Guimoniere Blanc 2004. Vignobles Alain Château. AOC Anjou (8.5 EUR)
    Nice wine despite a tight oak beginning, that disappear throught the path of toasted sunflower seeds to reach the fruit hints. Rippen peaches, apricots, medlar and the likes. Weight and oily quaff, but fortunately no offending oak. A final hint of bitterness gives the last touch of vividness. It's fine with salmon sautee with a sauce of citrics and saffron.

- Ochoa Rosado Garnacha 2007. Bodegas Ochoa. DO Navarra (3,8 EUR)
    Absolute correctness. Nothing really wrong or right in it, so we can say it's an 'always-fine' rosé. Obviously good QPR for the price.

- Cantosan Brut. Grupo Yllera. DO Rueda. (< 4 EUR)
    Not many bubbles and a bit rough. At first anchovies canned smell, then a touch of fruit and greens. Really short, but it's not so bad when we pay attention to the price.

- Viña Cubillo Crianza 2002. López de Heredia. DOC Rioja (8.9 EUR)
    It makes sense to me that not everybody enjoys this wine. Well, the only things you can find in this wine of about 12 abv is licquorized red fruit, old attic any morning in autumn, fallen wet leafs, touch of cinnamonn, tobacco and a ferrous hint. Long and great acidity. And paired with food? Paired with is much more than this! It shows in a binomial shape. Niiiiiice.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar