April/08 wines... 1/2

4 respuestas
    jose

April/08 wines... 1/2

Ver mensaje de jose

Here it is despite today is bank holiday...

- Wiltinger Riesling Trocken 2006. Reichsgraff von Kesselstatt. Mosel-Saar-Ruwer (aprox 11 EUR)
    A wine where the vividness of the acidity and the ";little"; percentage of alcohol makes you drink a glass after another. Citrics, grapefruit, unrippen peach, pancetta and a very odd smell that I try to explain. Many years ago, when I was in the school, we used laboratory burners that have to be fired on so carefully, ’cos the wick used to jump to the ceiling. Well, I find the smell of that alcohol used into the burners without the anoying alcohol smell. It’s in the threshold of the QPR. Nice pairing for a cod and courgette omelette.

- Gorrondona 2006. Doniene Gorrondona. DO Bizkaiko Txakolina. (aprox 9 EUR)
    Due to my experience with the preceding bottle of this wine, with a touch of dirtiness, I decided to decant it. An hour after a begin to drink... well, in fact the dinner was ready and was not in the mood of having a cold dinner ;)
    Good point with the decanting. The dirtiness was almost off under a big wave of fresh strawberries. It confirms the preceding bottle. It’s a nice wine, but for the price I need a step further. I’ll try to taste next vintages of this wine to get a proper opinion.

- Blanco Nieva Sauvignon Blanc 2007. Viñedos del Nieva. DO Rueda (4.99 EUR)
    It’s like being early in the morning into the subway. Stinks! Sweat! Decrease under the smell of maracuyá fortunately and despite it don’t disappear it turns into grass hints and a slight touch of fennel bulb. Fresh acidity and with a touch of bitterness. It’s been nicely paired with an odd salad made with prawns, kiwi, marinated salmon, cherry tomatoes and assorted lettuces; and with a roasted gilthead bream on strips of red bell pepper. Great QPR.

- Viña Albina Reserva 2001. Bodegas Riojanas. DOC Rioja. (aprox 7 EUR)
    One of the wines that use to be in my to-do list. I found a good off in a wine-shop so I decided that it’d be a good chance to drink it without having a big damage in my wallet. I didn’t like the first impression. Too much raw wood, toasted hints and an acidity that you
    don’t know neither where comes from nor where is it going. After a glass and a half I decided to forget the bottle in the fridge for a couple of days. After these two days the wine was better. The components are in a better balance, wood, cherries and tobacco. Nonetheless I find the wine is in a ’Do not disturb’ moment. At this very moment the QPR isn’t good, but I hope this wine improves with time, so we’ll see...

- Morgon Domaine de La Chanaise 2005. Domaines Dominique Piron. Morgon Appellation Contrôlée (7.25 EUR)
    Redcurrants, raspberries, cherries... all the fresh and vivid red fruit you want, embedded in that kind of firmness I use to identify as minerality. This is Beaujolais and not that kind of stuff labeled as Noveau! It’s been nicely paired with a dish of ’carbonnades flamandes’, just a meat stew made with beer. Great QPR.

- Dr. Bürklin-Wolf Riesling Trocken 2006. Pfalz. (11.6 EUR)
    It looks like sunflower oil. Peach, apricot, white flowers like jasmine. Turns to sweetness without reaching, but it’s an oily and thicker sip than the one I remember. Nice wine with a sea-bass Veracruzana style. Ok for about 11.6 EUR.

- Ostatu Maceración Carbónica. Bodegas Ostatu. DOC Rioja (4,21 EUR)
    Nice wine, fruit, green touch in backnose, correct. Just it. I feel as if I were drinking this wine five months after. I find no trace of MC, and let me admit that I don’t like bubbles in still wines, but I find this wine a right young wine, but no hint of MC. Ok for the QPR.

1/2

jose
    en respuesta a jose

Re: April/08 wines... 2/2

Ver mensaje de jose

2/2

- Borsao Garnacha Mítica 2007. Bodegas Borsao. DO Campo de Borja. (aprox 1.5 EUR)
    If you take a look on preceding vintages TNs it’d be the same for this one. Tons of fruit, specially mulberries. Of course it’s a great QPR.

- Murmurón 2007. Bodega Sierra Cantabria. DOC Rioja. (5.02 EUR)
    I guess it’s not so bad as young wine, but it’s a MC and shows no characteristic of this kind of wine. Overextraction, jammy and so on... It’s not expensive, but I don’t have in mind to buy a second bottle. I don’t like this kind of young-wine-spoofulation.

- Borsao Crianza 2005. Bodegas Borsao. DO Campo de Borja (1.99 EUR)
    Still fresh and vivid this spring. Black fruit, wood hints due to its ageing and spicy backnose. By the way, it’s increased its price 4 cents ;)

- Sanclodio 2005. Producciones Amodiño S.L. DO Ribeiro (9.4 EUR)
    I’ve read a lot about this wine. Critics and wine reviews are unanimous about the goodness of this wine. After some time looking for it I finally found it, so time to drink it and get my own opinion.
    Flowers, a touch of apple (when you cut it), slight acidity and a hint of saffron as farewell. It’s been paired with a mushrooms and cod rice (paella style). My opinion? It’s one more on shelves. You can drink it and enjoy, but it’s not a name of a wine I would try to remember. Unfortunately I can’t say it’s a good QPR.

- Eric Texier Chusclan 2000. AOC Côtes du Rhône Villages (9.4 EUR)
    My last E.Texier bottle, sigh. ’Non-filtré’ labeled and it’s about 2 cms. of dust in the bottom of the bottle indeed.
    Animal touch in nose, red fruit and mediterranean bushes. Every sip reminds me that it’s the last bottleeeee :-(((( It’s been nicely paired with a stewed veal tail. Good QPR.

Regards,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar