Once more... loosing Jerez cultural heritage….

5 respuestas
    Paco Higón

Once more... loosing Jerez cultural heritage….

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Sanlucar cellars, mostly in the core of the old part of the town, are experiencing a dramatic phenomenon of plundering, mainly as a consequence of the Spanish property bubble but also as a result of a lack of economic profitability of some of these cellars. In the Spanish side our colleague Alvaro Giron sent us some worrying news about a new ‘vandalic’ decision, this time involving a baroque building called “Palacio Arizón”.

More information (in Spanish) in the website of the nonprofit association Gerion (http://www.gerionsanlucar.com/SalvemosArizon/Manifiesto_Arizon_Ciberaccion.htm)

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Once more... loosing Jerez cultural heritage….

This looks a worthy cause. The wines of Jerez used to be such a big seller in the UK but became ’unfashionable’ ( i.e. not marketed properly to the younger drinker ). I understand there is a bit of a revival now and people are rediscovering sherry...lets hope it is not too late to save this piece of local heritage.

For my part I will open a bottle of Sanlucar for lunch!

Riki

MaJesus
    en respuesta a rikiwigley

Re: Once more... loosing Jerez cultural heritage….

Ver mensaje de rikiwigley

To me these wines have been eyeopening ... I have always drunk sporadically some few manzanillas or finos, but my ";falling in love"; with them got started when I bought some ";manzanillas en rama"; (unfiltered)from the cellars, and then grew out of bounds when Jesus B. Sanz and colleagues had the visionary idea of buying full old ";botas"; (big barrels) carefully selected and of exceptional quality, among a bunch of us ... there was a ";before"; and and ";after"; of these ";botas"; for me ... an incredible discovery, a huge surprise, among the best wines I ever had in my life ... I’m specially in love with the exceptional amontillados ";Navazos";, and the super old and unique ";NP";, and I still can taste an absolute fabulous Palo Cortado ";Bota punta"; ... but they are all superb ... amazing wines ... and a lucky girl!!!

I very much hope that these unique and magnificent buildings, completely instrumentals in the good making of these wines, do not disappear ...

MaJesus

jose
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

It’s not only sad...

That the Government (including regional & national) spit on the great wine history we have and share. Even some people related with wine world doesn’t seems to be concerned about it. Some time ago I read a post in El Mundo Vino where they commented that in magazine (maybe Sibaritas) José Peñín talked about that to make Fino & Manzanilla is enough with creating any artificial environment that creates something like the one we know as a natural fact... Extremely sad from my point of view.

Regards,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar