My July wines.

32 respuestas
    JoanF
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: Cava Tasting Notes Part V disregard multiple Part I posts

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Hi Gerry,

Nice to read you!

I completely, and utterly, agree with your comments about the Rosat Cavas, ....yeah, so charming!

Your tasting notes and quantity of cavas tasted is really stonishing.

Let me add some comments, though:

Agustí Torello Mata: Basically I agree, but recently the Reserva Barrica didn’t meet my hopes, and it is getting hard to get here... so.... Kripta, I tried only once, but looked so expensive, of course good, but I didn’t try anymore.. so.... Brut Nature Gran Reserva,... I just got one, it used to by the best choice. Let’s see :^D.

Raventós i Blanc: yes, I do agree. Perhaps you may try the Elizabet, very good balance and elegant.

Juvé i Camps: Yes, so good. Gran Juvé i Camps, is one of my favourites.

Llopart: Yes, very good indeed. The Rosat Microcosmos is the only rosat I found to be labelled as ’brut nature’. Very good.

Parxet: Very, very good as well. The Pinot Noir is quite interesting.

Privat: overwhelming cava, yes.

Segura Viudas: I miss in your comments the Torre Galimany, cava with some oak ageing. One of my beloved ones.

Of course there are many I did not try that I should. But as well I do think Jané Ventura is a nice choice for your future tastes, specially the Rosat, very astonishing this year. Also, I miss the Bertha, with a delicacy of Rosat Pinot Noir you may try.

Thanks a lot for reading me. And pls forgive my bad english.

Regards.

Joan

GerryDawes
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: Cava Tasting Notes Part V disregard multiple Part I posts

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Dear Joan,

I greatly appreciate your comments and the time it took to write them. Mil gracias.

Many of the good cavas you pointed out as ommisions were generally wines that I either have not tasted or are not available in the U.S.

I am going to see if the Verema guys want to post the entire article along with the tasting notes.

My best, Gerry Dawes

MaJesus
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: to Gerry

Ver mensaje de JoanF

It would be great if you could make a report out of it and post it in verema: ever so useful! ... still I’m amazed at how many wines you get in NY: Durham is not quite the same (is not even remotedly similar!!!!)

MaJesus

GerryDawes
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: to Gerry

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Hola, Maria Jesus

He propuesto a Juan Such que le queria enviar el articulo entero para publicar en Verema.

Nos veremos seguro en Octubre con el grupo de San Francisco.

Besos, Gerry

MaJesus
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: Gerry, en Octubre

Ver mensaje de JoanF

... estoy en Durham, NC (USA), besos, MaJesus

that is: Gerry, in October I am in Durham, NC (USA) ... although I assume that everyone in this side of Verema knows enough Spanish to understand the messages ;)

MaJesus

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar