My July wines.

32 respuestas
    Paco Higón
    en respuesta a jose

Re: I don’t have ever tasted Krypta...

Ver mensaje de jose

Erm, there is no comparison… champagne and cava are both sparking wine, made with common winemaking methods (not exactly the same but very similar), but the terroir and de varietals are different….. so my advice is try the champagnes but also the cava…

Cheers

jose
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Yep... of course... buuuut.....

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Going to an extreme point... I wouldn’t pay 40 EUR for a Lambrusco bottle... going for bubbles, I’d pay it for a couple of nice champagnes...
    Ok, not just 20 EUR... but about 25 EUR for some of them make them affordable...
    I do really like cava a lot... but I don’t mind paying 40 EUR for them at this moment...

Cheers,

Jose

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Yep... of course... buuuut.....

Ver mensaje de jose

I suppose that when you say “I don’t mind paying 40 EUR” you mean that you mind ;-) I can understand you, however Kripta was a must for a cava lover…. It is the maximum expression of cava… or at least I think so ;-)

Come to Valencia and I will share a bottle with you ;-)

JoanF
    en respuesta a jose

Regarding very good cavas....

Ver mensaje de jose

Quite long ago I tried the Kripta cava, and well, it is really a very good cava, but.... the price is so high.

I’d like to share with you my last discovery: Gran Juve i Camps 2000, a really stanoshing cava, for around 25€....

If you like Champagnes as you do, I think you have to try this one and let me know your comments, or if you ever come close to Barcelona, we’ll share one bottle.

Other cavas that are tough competitors for champagne are Giro Ribot Avantgarde, L’Origan.... but Gran Juve i Camps is IMHO in the same dimension as champagne....

Cheers.

Joan

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: Regarding very good cavas....

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Joan, let me disagree with you in one aspect… when comparing cava with champagne, IMMO, the only way to prefer cava to champagne is when the first is elaborated basically with ’local’ varietals… in general, most chardonnay and/or pinot cavas are just poor copies of an average champagne…

Cheers!

JoanF
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Of course you can disagree....

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

... as I did... but please try Gran Juve i Camps, a let’s disagree later ;^D.

I think (and hope!) you’ll be pleasently surprised... my wife confused it with a champagne....

Regards.

Joan

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar