Prima 2003

4 respuestas
    Paco Higón

Prima 2003

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Hey Walt finally I got it. However I didn’t fall in love with it. It’s not a problem of ripeness but some peculiar “green” notes (in nose & mouth) breaks harmony.... Maybe, young vines..... I don’t know, because the fruit appears intense and mature and also some nice toasty notes, flowers (very intense violet touches). In the mouth is fresh, with good acidity... but again this “green” notes ..... It’s a pity...

Anyway, I’ll try to get 2004 to see where’s going this baby San Roman...

Cheers

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Prima 2003

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

I see that part of the power of the Dark Side is patience and perseverence.

Where did you get a bottle?

Interesting timing -- This saves us from the paradoxical situation of me bringing you this bottle of Spanish wine next month, which I was planning to do as a small joke.

I’m not sure I noticed the green notes that you mention. I am usually very sensitive to vegital characteristics, but it is true that the vines are much younger than what we are accustomed to with Mariano’s signature wines. As I think I mentioned previously, I sampled the 2004, which has not yet been released. My sense was that the 2003 effort was a somewhat spontanious and experimental. The barrel samples of the 2004 that I tried reflected not only a great great vintage in Toro but also a wine that seemed more purposefully built.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar