1994 to lay down for 20 years ?

32 respuestas
    rayol
    en respuesta a rayol

Welcome Kris

Ver mensaje de rayol

Don’t be shy. Come on in the water’s fine !
    As to the Salia, I have some bottles in Spain that I will try this year (I live in London)
    but I have enjoyed the Sandoval (the first wine of the bodega) Definately a syrah and not a shiraz.

Ray

rayol
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Alion 95?

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

My only experience of Alión has been the 95 and it didn’t really impress me. I wonder if it was a duff bottle of perhaps going through a dumb phase. I hear the 2000 is supposed to be very good. Perhaps worth trying again ??

Álvaro Girón
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Alion 95?

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Several months ago, Victor BCN organized a vertical of Alion stretching from 1994 to 2000. I found 1994 at its peak: complex, harmonious, long. 1995 was more austere in aromas, although showing excellent lively tannins and good acidity. Oversimplifying, I’d dare to say that 94 was a classic tempranillo, 95 was a Bordeaux-like wine and 96 not far away from the subtlety of good Burgundy. 97, though correct, showed the lack of concentration typical of a bad vintage. There was some discussion on 98-99. My point of view is that both tended to be a little bit over-oaky (and, too modern in terms of overripe fruit). 2000 was back to classics: a nice example of well-judged tempranillo.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar