1994 to lay down for 20 years ?

32 respuestas
    rayol

1994 to lay down for 20 years ?

Ver mensaje de rayol

Any suggestions for a 94 that will age gracefully for another couple of decades ?
    And NO disrespect to Tondonia lovers but preferably not that distinct ";oxidised"; style,
    something with fruit still intact. Honest not looking for an argument on differing styles here just something for my son’s birth year as he is half Spanish.
    un saludo
    Ray

MaJesus
    en respuesta a rayol

Re: 1994 to lay down for 20 years ?

Ver mensaje de rayol

The only wine that I have tasted with more than 30 years (no counting the Tondonias) was one Vega Sicilia Unico, and I liked it very much. Other than that I can not tell you anything with actual data. I suspect that the Valbuena might also last the required 30 years ... and maybe maybe a Roda I also (but I have no idea about this). You might like to talk to Gonzalo Lainez: he is a very honest and knowledgeable guy (he now has something to do with Roda, but I would trust his advice without hesitation. Roda definitely has the required fruit ;)))) (I understand your requirement ;)

maJesus

rayol
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

Don’t know this guy..is he on the Spanish side of this board ?
    How about 904 ? or ygay ?
    Though I had a 904 from 82 in 1999 and thought its best days were behind it !
    And is Roda 94 still out there to buy ?
    Yah sure Vega Sicilia 94 ....but the cash the cash...do you know of a bank with poor security ? !

MaJesus
    en respuesta a rayol

Ver mensaje de rayol

If in the Spanish side of verema you go to

https://www.verema.com/perfiles/?n=175

then you can send him an e-mail from that page. Actually, they said that he is in the exporting part of Roda from April this year, but I’ve ";known"; him for various years now, and he is an extremely honest person, and I think he will advise you at this best (and he is knowledgeable of the Roda wines, obviously ;))) ... and the price is right ;))). I know, the VS ";unico"; is horribly expensive (that’s why I hinted the Valbuena instead) ... about the ones you mention, no idea (I do not have a great interest in keeping wines for years and years) ... Manuel Camblor is the one to ask ;)). Lately I drunk a very very good Bosconia (I think that it is frutier than its brother Tondonia) that was almost the age you require. You could do an experiment and try to find an old Bosconia and see if you like it (I myself like Bosconias better than Tondonias). Manuel Camblor says that Bosconias can last at it best for quite quite a chunk of time ;)) (but it is Lopez de Heredia family, and that’s why I did not mention it).

MaJesus

MaJesus
    en respuesta a rayol

Re: aparently ;))

Ver mensaje de rayol

... this side is not much visited lately (and I guess being Saturday does not help ;)). I myself thought that it was not a great idea when it was proposed (I thought that mixing up Spanish and English messages in the same forum would be more efective, but this was, I admit, a very bizarre idea ;)) ... but once it is created, it is really fun to wonder about and chat with new friends ;)) ... to bad the real ";experts"; are not doing the same ;)) (if the days elapse and you do not get anwers, you might try to expose your question in English in the Spanish side with answers in Spanish: I think you’ll be able to sort of understand them. Many Spaniards are scared at English, or they find that the difficulties (specially in writing: many Spaniards understand English quite well) make the exercise much too painful to be enjoyed.

have a good saturday! (and good luck in getting answers!)

MaJesus

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar