Spanish Grenache

16 respuestas
    rayol
    en respuesta a rayol

Thanks walt

Ver mensaje de rayol

Yes the Mancuso...but Paco was telling me there was cheaper and better than Orsus..from a cursory look on winesearcher the Mancuso doesn’t seem to fit this bill !!
    Tried the Chaparall last year and it was not impressive. I think it was a 98. Does the wine age well or was this one past its sell by date ?
    All fruit seemed to have gone...perhaps a duff bottle.
    I will seek out the Mancuso and Cabrida. There is some info over on Todovino about garnacha from Aragón, have you seen it ?
    cheers

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a rayol

Let’s see...

Ver mensaje de rayol

Some suggestions of ";blended"; Montsant wines:

Étim Selection Grenache from Agricola Falset-Marça; 86% Grenache, 14% Cabernet (depending on the vintage) and about 10€ in Spain.

Laurona from Europvin about 15€ in Spain.

Eneas (well, nowadays it’s called Dido) from Sara Pérez (Orbita Venus, S.L.) with just an slightly touch of oak. About 10€ in Spain.

Lasendal from Celler de Capçanes (with a little bit of syrah)and about 6€ in Spain.

The superb Les Sorts Vinyes Velles from Coperativa del Masroig (40% grenache, 30% carignan & 30% cabernet sauvignon). About 14€ in Spain.

And there are a few more.....

Cheers!

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a rayol

Re: Let’s see...

Ver mensaje de rayol

I gather Sara Pérez changed the name of her operation as well as changing the name of Eneas to Dido? I had not yet seen the name Orbita Venus before.

Didn’t Dido fall in love with Eneas while drinking wine?

Also a good Montsant Garnacha blend ...
    ";L’Alleu"; from Jose Maria Vendrell Rived - 60% Garnacha - 30% Cariñena - 10% Cabernet

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a rayol

Re: Let’s see...

Ver mensaje de rayol

As far as I know, since the second vintage of Venus (first vintage of Eneas?) the ";official"; name of the cellar is ÒRBITA VENUS ";LA UNIVERSAL";.

And about the reason for the change of name (from Eneas to Dido) is not as ";complex";.... Eneas is a Trade Mark registered by Muga Cellars.... ;-))

The story (the myth) of Dido and Eneas is really tragic... Dido committed suicide because Eneas is not in love with her a leave Carthage to found Rome...

Here’s a poem I found about his (http://latin204.tripod.com/essays/reception_after_vergil.html)

Here lies Dido,
    Who killed herself for love.
    There would have been no better pagan
    If solitary love had not seized her:
    But she loved too madly,
    And her wisdom availed her nothing.

Cheers!

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar