The Year of No Pingus

18 respuestas
    Juan Such
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Re: Grey Market Pingus

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Maybe there is some grey market for Pingus in Spain (specially when some wine aficionados discover they can bought it cheaper in Switzerland shops or elsewhere) but Vilaviniteca (Barcelona) is the official distributor in Spain and they got a significant amount of bottles each year (they offer to buy Pingus en primeur: http://www.vilaviniteca.es/vilaviniteca/novedades/av2004/showe.asp?area=pingus).

Juan Such

Re: The Year of No Pingus

Walt, according to my knowledge the Pingus grapes are from different La Horra land plots than Flor de Pingus. Therefore, there is no relationship between the grapes going to the two different brands.

BTW, The decision for not making Pingus apparently was based on the frosts of early September. See this message (in Spanish) from Oct. 2002: https://www.verema.com/comunidad/foro/mensaje.asp?mensaje=13304

Gastronauta

And it works the other way ’round too

I’ve bought E&E in Madrid for a fraction of its USA price, for example. Cult is not something universal. If you ask the average Spanish Joe (ie: Pepe) to pick between Prado Enea at 25€ or Colgin at 26€ the odds are he’ll shoot for the cheaper of the two or the one he is familiar with or the one that doesn’t look like a complete unknown-that-might-well-be-a-ripoff ...
    I’ve seen Sine Qua Non in Lavinia but never in NY. I’ve seen a guy in a street in NY juggling with bottles of Flor de Pingus for a dime... (OK, almost...)

suiko

Re: And it works the other way ’round too

An example of this in a cheaper market sector is Marboré, which is selling cheaper in UK than in Spain (first tiem I’ve ever seen this!), presumably because here it’s unknown and in Spain it has already gained a bit of a reputation.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar