The Paradox of Choice

26 respuestas
    JoanF
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Yes Fegatello....

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

... this is the name I remember for those games.

By the way... which wine do you think is the best to better swallow the ’poisoned pawn’ variation in the Sicilian Najdorf....

Hum.... perhaps a ’full-throtle’ red... like Clos Mogador :^D.

Regards.

Joan

JoanF

This is a quite bizarre thread....

... but I’m enjoying it very much!

I was thinking what to drink with the Falkbeer countergambit, and the King’s Indian.... . Les Sorts Vinyes Velles in the first case and the AN/2 in the second?

How about the Queen’s gambit? is some champagne required?

Of course the Ruy Lopez.... a complex Fino (Tio Pepe, perhaps) to go deep into all the lines :^D

And finally he Catalan Opening... I see it matching with the Mas d’En Compte Blanc perfectly!

Regards.

Joan

WaltZalenski

Chess / Wine Trivia

At one point in time, one of the strongest chess player in the world was a man who was literaly born in in Chateau Latour and worked as a wine merchant. Who was he?

Hint: Although it was before formal ";world championships"; in chess, Howard Staunton’s victory over this player generally established Stanuton as the best player of the time.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar