The Paradox of Choice

26 respuestas
    Juan Such
    en respuesta a JoanF

Thresholds

Ver mensaje de JoanF

";a lot of options is good";

Well, in my opinion, depends on what you mean by ";a lot";

After some threshold, I think too many options is bad and disorientating for the customer. For instance, I don’t like a long list of wines at a restaurant. I prefer a careful selection. In a shop is the same: Why people value so much good vendors which know how to orientate them? Can the average customer manage more than 500 references in a wine shop?

Some times MORE IS LESS...

Juan Such
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Fried Liver Attack... with bubbles?

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

I have needed Google to discover that ";Fried Liver Attack"; is my beloved variant in the Two Knights Defense (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6. 4.Ng5 d5 5.exd5 Nxd5 6.Nxf7). I have played that variant many times with novices with striking results :-) Always learning something new in English... :-)

I think a Champagne or cava could be a good option, don’t you?

WaltZalenski

Re: Fried Liver Attack... with bubbles?

Bubbles might compliment its somewhat frivolous nature, but the perfect pairing would be a wine that is somewhat hot and aggressive, overripe, viscerally exciting in the short term, but fundamentally unsound for long-term cellering.

Incidentally, what do you call the Fried Liver Attack? I think that Chigorin’s name and Pegatello’s name are sometimes associated with this line.

Juan Such

Ataque Fegatello and Champagne

I think it’s called ";Ataque Fegatello"; but I haven’t really used this name in the past.

Regarding the wine pairing, conceptually perhaps you are right but from a ";hedonist"; point of view I don’t like anything overripe, at least in red wines :-) I believe a light Champagne could be great!

So much talking about chess and wine, I’m starting to consider going to the great Linares chess tournament (24 February - 13 March) to follow the games with good Amontillados from Montilla-Moriles :-)

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar