What price? Overprice!

19 respuestas
    testavinos
    en respuesta a JoanF

Overpriced wines.

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Hi everybody,
    I do think that some wines are way too expensive nowadays, including some Spanish wines.
    I have had the chance to taste several vintages of Pingus and L’Ermita, and sometimes they haven’t been so great. I do not find them worthy, in other words. However, I understand that they have made a lot of noise in the wine industry and it helped to promote Spanish wines world wide, letting consumers know that not only France, Italy or California have outrageous wines.
    We have to be thankful to those wines and winemakers. Honestly, I think that if Spanish wines are starting to be considered among the best in the world is because of wines like those.

suiko
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: Overpriced wines.

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Hmmm... I’m not convinced.

How many people, apart from the super rich and wine speculators are realy interested in what are the ";best wines in the world"; (of course the very idea is absurd, like comparing jamón ibérico with Stilton cheese.)

I think the real reason why the reputation of Spain is rising is because standards are also rising vertiginously. Perhaps these superpremium wines help to raise the profile, but the wines that really make the difference to most of us are those that can make us say ";wow"; AND that we can actually afford! I’m talking about the wines of Montsant, Somontano, Bierzo, and many others. After all, why would anyone be interested in wines they’ll never be able to afford to try?

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar