What price? Overprice!

19 respuestas
    JoanF
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Re: What price? Overprice!

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Hi Walt,

I basically agree with you... the ’cult’ wine-lovers... -i.e. verema attendants let’s say- are not following such recomendations... but...:

In a wine-shop close to my home, there is a good offer of Pingus and Flor de Pingus... even the shoper does not like them so much because of the price, he has them on the shelves... because he sells them! (surprisingly enough to me...)... and biz are biz you know... never he recommended them to me.

Yes, there is some people in here who follows such third party comments, but I don’t think they are rocketing the prices, just ’suffering’ them...

Wow, thanks for reading my really poor english.

Salut!

Joan

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a JoanF

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Joan,
    Don’t you think that your local wine merchant typically is selling Pingus to people who are buying a single bottle of Pingus as a rare or even one-time experience? I don’t see anything wrong with that -- curiosity is a very good reason to try a wine -- but I certainly would not consider it the dominant characteristic of the Spanish wine market.

suiko
    en respuesta a JoanF

Ver mensaje de JoanF

I think they’re probably mostly buying them as presents, to ";quedar bien";. I love wine (otherwise I wouldn’t be here!), but would never contemplate spending this sort of money, even if I had it, especially with so many great wines at a fraction of the price.

suiko
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: If I were a rich man!!!......

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Oh yes, me too! Don’t get me wrong... when the revolution comes, I’ll be the first to loot the wine shop for a few bottles:-)

JoanF
    en respuesta a JoanF

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Hi Walt,

Yes, the real selling occasions for this merchant are some kind of presents for top-executives, and also contract dinners with many thousands of € envolved (then the price of the wine is a piece of cake)....

However this merchant recommends, and try to push, to wine enthusiasts for expensive wines worth to try, but this is not the case for the Pingus....

If I were a rich man....

Salut!

Joan

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar