Recent bottles

4 respuestas
    Gastronauta

Recent bottles

Ver mensaje de Gastronauta

Fontalloro 1997
    Pretty nose of cherry, leather and earthy notes, with good medium body and convincing finish. Little difference from my limited experience with Brunello, if you ask me (this is 100% Sangiovese?). For 45€ there’s lots of Priorat in my shopping list!! 90

Kreydenweiss Andlau Riesling 2000
    A tad premature but air helps. Expressive nose (will improve) of typical medium bodied Alsace Riesling with good mineral notes and excellent fruit. Great acidity will hold. 89-90

Donnhoff Riesling trocken 2002
    If this is the basic bottling I can’t wait to open my N-H! Very good nose, with acidity you can smell, not brutally trocken, excellent apple/mineral aromatics and a parallel character of red berries. Good finish too. 89-90

Salia 2002
    Pretty approachable already, with convincing black berry nose of excellent Mediterranean character (warm but balanced by good acidity). Sober use of oak already integrated, solid mouthfeel, average+ finish. 88(+)

San Patricio
    Excellent fino nose but even better on the palate, with robust frame and great gastronomic possibilities. Perfect mouthfeel and length. 94-96 bought for 2,4€.

Also recommended: Vinagre de Jerez Domecq/Aranda 1730. Otherworldly.

Gastronauta
    en respuesta a Gastronauta

And 2 more...

Dr Loosen B-L K’02
    Drinking beautifully as expected--now re-re-confirmed--and a great invitation to try the 2003 that’s just arrived. Stay tuned. 91

Eneas 2003 (Muga, though I believe there’ll be no confusion in the future)
    Pretty good for the style (which is not my cup of tea) with excellent aromatics from the first pour. Good body, not a shy example, concentrated above the general level in this style. A tad heavy at some point, unable to hold my interest for long, anyway. 88+

Gastronauta

Re: Plus 8

Gimonnet Oenophile 98 truly great, at affordable prices. Whoever manages to craft this without dosage is a genius (92).

Paisajes VII 2000 was rather a neutral experience. (85)

Bornos Verdejo 2003 too perfumed and lacking structure (84), Villa Narcisa less perfumed but hardly better (84).

Sanz 2003 (Verdejo) has nice acidity but is equally skeletal (82).

Enate Rosado 2003 proved the pleasant surprise with shrimp risotto ’Chez Packet’ (in Madrid). Excelent wine, much against my prejudices against rosé.

MR 2003 needs bottle to whiff off those clumsy yeast aromas.

Back in Royal City, Schmitges E-T Kab’03 with pleasant Mosel nose and superb parallel red-berry aromatics. A pity that the finish is so short and watery. A bargain anyway.

Gastronauta

Re: Plus 4

-Gimonnet Gastronome 2000 was almost as good as Oenophile, at equally decent pricing (22€ vs 26€). Needs some bottle too, but it’s unbelievable how drinkable it was yesterday afternoon. (90++)

-Schmitges E-T Sp’01 was as sweet as you’d expect from declassified Auslese. Not a very apt food match but delicious and another bargain for summer sipping.

-Pago Florentino 2002 has tamed quite a bit since Xmas and now drinks beautifully after 20’ in the glass. Not your ideal Ciudad Real summer quaffer (at 14,5%) but another wild bargain at 8, €

-Rey Fernando de Castilla PX: superb with Valrhona 2003 Gran Couva. Very original and fresh nose, nowhere near cloying in spite of the 25ºC room temp (served chilled, of course). Deep and velvety, excellent. 93-94

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar