2001 vintage- any suggestions

19 respuestas
    rayol

2001 vintage- any suggestions

Ver mensaje de rayol

Hello,
    this is my first posting.
    And I’m asking for assistance !
    About to make the annual wine-buying pilgrimage to Spain and I was wondering if you had any recommendations for the following regions
    I’ve put my normal purchases in brackets...
    Ribera del Duero (Emilio Moro, Arzuaga....) and Mauro
    Toro (San Roman, Dehesa Gago)
    Rioja (Palacios Remondo)
    Jumilla (Casa de la Ermita)

any suggestions would be apprediated.
    thanks in advance.
    saludos

jose
    en respuesta a rayol

You’re welcome rayol...

Ver mensaje de rayol

Unfortunately I’m the least experienced of the spanish wine-geek who write in this (english) side of Verema, so I can’t help you properly.
    Anyhow I’m pretty sure that the other forumites will help you very soon and with great suggestions.

Ciao and again, welcome.

Jose

JoanF
    en respuesta a rayol

Re: 2001 vintage- any suggestions

Ver mensaje de rayol

Hi there! Welcome.

Your choices look pretty nice.

My suggestions, for Ribera del Duero, Astrales 2001 might be interesting, and from Rioja the Lanzaga 2000... just my comments.

Salut!

Joan

PD: Joan is a Catalan male name. Salut==Cheers.

rayol
    en respuesta a rayol

Ver mensaje de rayol

Thanks all for the welcome.
    any further bodegas I should look at apart from my choices ?
    I think my knowledge of modern Rioja is quite limited.

gracias

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a rayol

Ver mensaje de rayol

If you are interested in experiencing with ";modern"; Riojas there a few Cellars you must try. First of all, IMMO, Roda, with Roda I or with their premium wine Cirsion (ermmm, a litte bit expensive) but also with Remirez de Ganuza and Allende.

In Ribera consider to try Jaros, Aalto, and Hacienda Monasterio.

In Toro my suggestions are Numanthia, Quinta Quietud and the new Vega Sicilia’s project: Pintia.

In the area of Ribera del Duero but ";outside"; the DO, Leda is a must.

However this is just a first approach..... there’s a lot of interesting things to try from this area....

Cheers... and welcome!!!

Juan Such
    en respuesta a rayol

Ver mensaje de rayol

Welcome to this forum!

Do you know wines from D.O. Bierzo? They are very interesting. For instance the wines from Dominio de Tares (Cepas Viejas, Bembibre), Bodegas Estefanía (Tilenus) or Luna Beberide (in a more international style)

In Ribera del Duero are interesting the wines from Jaro, a new winery (Jaros, Chafandín).

In Jumilla are very interesting wines from Julia Roch e Hijos (Casa Castillo Pie Franco, Las Gravas, Valtosca Syrah...)

This is just a quick suggestion. There are so many good wines...!

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar