More on the last tasting....

13 respuestas
    JoanF
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Garnatxa Blanca

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Hi again Walt,

About ’Garnatxa Blanca’ (this is the Catalan spelling for the grape name) whites (specially the ones made in Priorat, Montsant, Tarragona, and Terra Alta), I have to confess I do love and enjoy them very much.

Sure, they are not the same of you can expect from other type of whites (like the ones from Galicia, which I do love too), but they have a remarcable character. Basically you can love them or hate them but it is difficult to stand in between.

Somebody says they lack of acidity (like Juan :-)), but it is difficult for me to agree on that (only subjective feelings... after all), I do think they are perfectly balanced.

Of course you can find some not very good whites from garnatxa blanca, but I do believe they are in general very good.

Which ones have you tried?

Regards.

Joan

WaltZalenski

Re: Garnatxa Blanca

I’m sure I cannot remember all I’ve tasted, but I’ve tried Barbara Fores ’Blanc’ and ’El Quinta’ - in fact I just had El Quinta today with lunch. I’ve also tried ’Ctonia’ from Bodegas Masia Serra in D.O. Ampurdán, Costa Brava. Because they are hard to find and I don’t drink much white wine anyway, I have yet to seriously explore the whites from Priorat. I’ve had the tinto, but I also am curious about the whites from Clos D’Agon.

Paco Higón

Re: Garnatxa Blanca

Very interesting, indeed, however the white one has nothing to do with garnacha blanca, is a coupage with -more o less- 45% Viognier, 40% Roussanne & 15% Marsanne.
    Here you’ll find a TN in Spanish... https://www.verema.com/comunidad/vinoscatados/vino.asp?vino=4745

In fact the hand of ";magic"; Sisseck are responsible for the latest vintages ;)))

Cheers.

WaltZalenski

Re: Sorry....

Thanks, Paco. I thought they had more than one white wine. Perhaps in the past? I tried the ’99 tinto, which I would have rated less highly than these recent ratings. Nevertheless, I found the wine interesting and promising, and I would like to follow this project.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar