Can a great wine be something everybody loves?

8 respuestas
    Juan Such

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

I was reading in another forum someone who said he loves Burgundy wines because, among other things, they are wines that don’t love everybody, wines not easy or obviously pleasant. An interesting comment. (BTW, in Peña La Verema we confirmed these in a blind tasting of Burgundy wines last year. See article in Spanish: https://www.verema.com/comunidad/cronicas/cronica.asp?cronica=96)

I think a great wine, by its own specific personality, is not a wine everybody is going to enjoy. Do you agree?

MCamblor
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Correct syntax is very important, my dear friend. Just the old college prof in me, speaking...

And the answer to the question is a resounding yes. I have not met a single human being who dislikes 1959 Château Latour.

M.

MCamblor
    en respuesta a Gonzalo_Lainez

And by this you mean...

Ver mensaje de Gonzalo_Lainez

Do you mean to tell me that you think Valandraud is a great wine? Having had it inflicted upon me several itmes, I can honestly say it’s pretty horrible and not worthy of mention in the same paragraph as Unico, Latour, etc. ";Greatness"; is not to be so easily proclaimed.

M.

Juan Such
    en respuesta a MCamblor

Re: Can a great wine be something everybody loves?

Ver mensaje de MCamblor

Thanks for the help with the correct syntax. I don’t know if I will improve my wine knowledge in this forum but at least I hope to improve my English writing! ;-))

Regarding my question, we can reformulate it as ";Generally speaking, can great wines (or music, painting, etc.) be something everybody loves?";

Of course, the trouble is with what we understand for greatness in Art. A difficult topic to debate with my poor English...

jose
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Can somebody...

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Fall in love with an impressionist picture? with Mozart’s Requiem? with just a sip of a great wine?
    Maybe it’s not an intellectual issue but a hearts one... Just maybe...
    Can it be trained or it’s just a way of feeling?

Btw, no worries for the language. If you (we!) can say what we want to say using a foreign language... you can always use easier sentences. It will be longer, but effective ;)))

Cheers,

Jose

JoanF
    en respuesta a MCamblor

Re: Can a great wine be something everybody loves?

Ver mensaje de MCamblor

I do agree with Manuel. With my limited experience, few years ago I attended a bling tasting of French wines. Everybody agreed on the best one, before knowing which was. It was Petrus. I don’t think it was a coincidence. Only in this bling tasting everybody thought that was good.

Regards.

Joan

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar