’Significant’ versus Industrial wine

4 respuestas
    Juan Such

’Significant’ versus Industrial wine

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Interesting quote from Terry Theise that I reproduced elsewhere (https://www.verema.com/en/forum/message.asp?message=133):

";significant wine, connected not to the factory but to the earth. Such wines invite us to respond with our souls. They open doors by which we enter a larger world than we normally inhabit.";

Do you think there is a real difference tasting a wine made by an ’artisan’ winery (a terroir wine?) than a wine made by an industrial winery? I intuitively think so, but when one starts to think/talk about the ";soul"; of a wine some people may look with strange expressions on their faces... :-)

P.S. Very funny this T.T. comment on that post: ";We all know that wine is a moving target. Even industrial wine is a moving target.";

Iñaki Blasco
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: ’Significant’ versus Industrial wine

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

I agree with ";romantic"; view of TT. But I think there are only good wines and bad wines. If a good wine is a terroir wine, this is the best for me: wine-artisan’s soul inside wine’s soul, but... there are good industrial wines too. Any soul inside them? I’m not sure, but I don’t care at all.

Juan Such
    en respuesta a Iñaki Blasco

Good/Bad categories and others...

Ver mensaje de Iñaki Blasco

The good - bad wine category is just one.

What about other dichotomies such as Boring - Lively wines?

I increasingly are finding ";good"; wines (no defects, quite expressive but in a rather unidimensional way) but that are at the same time boring wines, just more of the same, some kind of industrial clones.

When I found a wine which I feel ’with soul’ perhaps is imperfect, somewhat bizarre but is DIFFERENT, expresses a diferent music...

am I alone in that feeling?

Gonzalo_Lainez
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: Good/Bad categories and others...

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Dear Juan

You’re describing a coup de coeur wine. Maybe it’s not perfect but it makes you dream of it. It’s possible a coup de coeur for you it’s just a good wine for me. Does it matter? At the end of the day you enjoyed

Cheers

Gonzalo Lainez (Bodegas Roda)

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar