Suscríbete a este hilo
Imprimir

Off-topic: Let me have a coffe.

Respuestas: 15
jose
04/01/07 (12:48)

Off-topic: Let me have a coffe.

Hi all,
do you like coffee? I cant live without it!
Some of my friends now how cafeine-addict I am and they now that I use to use to be touched slightly by sybaritism. Therefore he’s asked me about any suggestion about coffe machines. He’s thinking about Rowenta Adaggio ES 170 and Rowenta Neo ES-4000.
Do you have any suggestion (not only about these models)?

Thanks and regards,

Jose

RayQ
RayQ
en respuesta
a jose
04/01/07 (14:52)

Re: Off-topic: Let me have a coffe.

Don’t know these models.
A discussion on a uk wine web-site had very high praise for the nespresso machines and coffees. I have tried them and they are very good.

I use a stove top coffee pot bought in Spain.

suiko
suiko
en respuesta
a RayQ
04/01/07 (15:15)

Re: Off-topic: Let me have a coffe.

Get a Gaggia! The small ones are only about 100 pounds here. I used to use the Spanish type of stovetop pot, but could never use it any more since I got the Gaggia.

jose
jose
en respuesta
a RayQ
04/01/07 (15:27)

Nesspresso? Hmmm...

The coffee machine is not for me, but for a friend, but we both have the same opinion. We don’t like that ";caplets"; mechanism needed to doing coffee.
I like the ancient method of grind coffe, whatever Blue Montain, Costa Rica or any other.... Hmmm... I fall in love with coffee every time I open the coffe-grinder (well, I don’t whether it’s the right name ;) after grind coffee... Hmmm... I love it!
Thanks for the suggestions Ray and Suiko.

Cheers,

Jose

suiko
suiko
en respuesta
a jose
04/01/07 (21:03)

Re: Nesspresso? Hmmm...

Yeah, give Nestlé a miss! Who needs em when you can buy and do your own Colombian, Guatemalan, Kenyan, Sumatran...

RayQ
RayQ
en respuesta
a suiko
05/01/07 (13:21)

Ok OK OK gimme a break !! ;-)

actually suiko my experience is exactly the opposite of yours, I have a Gaggia (£200)
and much prefer my stove top pot.

And while I always grind my beans freshly each morning I was surprised at how good the Nespresso coffee was. A better crema than my Gaggia.
In reality I need two systems one for a nice shot of espresso and another for a long breakfast coffee.
Actually I think I’ll go have one now !

suiko
suiko
en respuesta
a RayQ
05/01/07 (16:47)

Interesting... I used to like the stovetop pot but it really doesn’t compare to the Gaggia if I use really good coffee. Just doesn’t get the aromas out of top-quality Arabica.

Midi
Midi
en respuesta
a suiko
06/01/07 (03:30)

I’m your typical Seattleite in the US. I buy my coffee every morning from my local organic coffee house and I sold my coffepot as I never used it and only have a french press for when I have company. When I was in Spain last year for a few months, I was a guest of a friend in Murcia for a week or so and he had to teach me how to use the stovetop pot to make coffee. I actually liked it very much... better than the one I sold. No, I do not purchase coffee at Starbucks even though Seattle is their homebase. We had many wonderful coffee houses before they came along.

Bodega del mes
Ramón Bilbao
D.O. Ca. Rioja
Vino de la quincena
Salmos 2012
D.O.Q. Priorat
Salmos es un homenaje a los monjes de la Cartuja que plantaron las primeras vides en el Priorat. Un vino que guarda la misteriosa herencia de tiempos y hombres sabios.

Foros temáticos

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
No hay foros temáticos en esta sección que empiecen por ''

Este sitio web usa cookies propias o de terceros para analizar la navegación del usuario. En caso de seguir navegando se entiende que acepta la política de cookies.
Aceptar