What happened with tradicional Spanish Vermouth?

6 respuestas
    Paco Higón

What happened with tradicional Spanish Vermouth?

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

This past weekend I have finished with a couple of friends a bottle of Vermouth Yzaguirre…
    Vermouth is the wine-related product I enjoyed the most… and also is part of an almost lost tradition. Products like Yzaguirre Reserva Especial, the excellent Perucci or the very attractive Vermouth from Cooperativa del Masroig are unfortunately a rare product not very much ";demanded"; despite it’s quite good qualities as appetizer.

What a pity :-((

jose
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

It’s a tradition still in Madrid! 8-)

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Every saturday and sunday, not only in the city but in almost every village around it, many people drink vermouth in a tradition called ’ir a tomar el vermú’ (vermú is the Madrid way of pronouncing vermouth ;) Anyhow, most of men drink beer or ’chatos’ (glasses of red wine), but still many women, fortunately, drink vermouth. I don’t drink vermouth ’cos I can drink a full glass of it, nevertheless I always drink a couple of sips of my friends glass.

Cheers,

Jose

MaJesus
    en respuesta a jose

Re: It’s a tradition still in Madrid! 8-)

Ver mensaje de jose

I believe that in ";Xalo"; (Jalon in Castillian), close to Valencia, they still make lots of Vermouth; I even think that they have a ";fair"; where you get to taste so many of them as to finish in a fabulous good mood ;). I’ve never gone, but I have a brother in law from there.

MaJesus

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar