- El Celler de Can Roca: Nos quedamos a las puertas del paraíso
- ¿Qué vinos podremos disfrutar en la Experiencia Verema Madrid 2013? #VeremaMadrid
- Tuitea la Experiencia Verema Madrid y puedes ganar una vinoteca o un lote de vinos #VeremaMadrid
- Comenzando en el mundo de la champaña - Champagne
- Comentarios esperpénticos de restaurantes
- Vino ligero de diario
- ¡Ojo! Relanzamiento de la mítica cerveza valenciana Turia Märzen.
- Hoy 24-05-2013 día internacional de la variedad Chardonnay
- Hoy El Vino Tendrá Que Esperar
- World Sherry Day: 26 de Mayo de 2013
What happened with tradicional Spanish Vermouth?
This past weekend I have finished with a couple of friends a bottle of Vermouth Yzaguirre…
Vermouth is the wine-related product I enjoyed the most… and also is part of an almost lost tradition. Products like Yzaguirre Reserva Especial, the excellent Perucci or the very attractive Vermouth from Cooperativa del Masroig are unfortunately a rare product not very much ";demanded"; despite it’s quite good qualities as appetizer.
What a pity :-((
Every saturday and sunday, not only in the city but in almost every village around it, many people drink vermouth in a tradition called ’ir a tomar el vermú’ (vermú is the Madrid way of pronouncing vermouth ;) Anyhow, most of men drink beer or ’chatos’ (glasses of red wine), but still many women, fortunately, drink vermouth. I don’t drink vermouth ’cos I can drink a full glass of it, nevertheless I always drink a couple of sips of my friends glass.
I believe that in ";Xalo"; (Jalon in Castillian), close to Valencia, they still make lots of Vermouth; I even think that they have a ";fair"; where you get to taste so many of them as to finish in a fabulous good mood ;). I’ve never gone, but I have a brother in law from there.
Well, just talk with Aurelio.... I am sure he can find a bottle of Yzaguirre or Perucci....
Ermmm, and let me say that it has nothing to do with Martini, Cinzano and so on...(I mean in terms of quality)...