- Bedeau 2005. Domain de Chassornay. AOC Borgoña (23.9 EUR) Disappointing and
May/10 wines. Summer smell...
- Bedeau 2005. Domain de Chassornay. AOC Borgoña (23.9 EUR)
Disappointing and even more if we have in mind the '06 bottle drank months before. This one is not more than a dirty, blurred and unfocused wine.
- Grand Cuvée. Colet. DO Penedés. (12 EUR aprox)
Soft. In spite of this, it's still a nice sip it looks softer and plain than preceding bottles.
- Domaine Piron et Lafont. Chenas Quartz 2004. (9 EUR)
I´m in a patio in Sevilla, Córdoba or Granada. Who cares? Freshness and geranium around you, while eating whipped cream recently made that covers strawberries at their best time of the season.
- Blanco Nieva Verdejo Pie Franco 2005. Viñedos de Nieva. DO Rueda (5.95 EUR)
Answering questions. Years ago, overhere and overthere, we're wondering about how this wine would age. I stored some bottles just to check it and now it's answering the question. It's has no trace of youth, it's quiet, calm and IMO it's at the end of the road. It's enjoyable yet, showing its 100% verdejo character, with the herbaceous, meadows and anis-seed hints. It's really nice. It's still on the road two steps after its maturity.
- Domaine Piron et Lafont. Chenas Quartz 2005. Appellation Chénas Contrôlée.
My last Piron. My last Chenas.
Hard, hard and hard within its blackberries and that secondary character or herbaceous hints.
I do really enjoy Piron and I do really enjoy Chenas Quartz.
- Palo Cortado Obispo Gascón. Bodega Antonio Barbadillo. DO Jerez y Manzanilla-Sanlucar de Barrameda (19,65 EUR)
Long and dry. And I mean long, long, loooooooooong. And I mean dry, dry, dryyyyyyyyyyy.
Two scents from the past came to my mind. Summer, in my chilhood, walking among almond and carob trees, with their fruits dried under the august sun; a cigars store where the new delivery has arrived and it's being classified.
(Price: 19.65 EUR. Aprox 30 EUR nowadays)
- Occhipinti SP68 2008. Arianna Occhipinti. Sicilia IGT.
Light hue and sip. Earthy, ash and columns of citrical acidity, that reminds me Castillo de Ygay GR'89, and wrapps the fruit. More!
- Luna Beberide Godello 2009. DO Bierzo. (9.5 EUR)
A godello that doesn't look boring finally! Jasmine (without that dizzy sweet smell), meadows,
peach bone and a nice bitter hint at the end. Also a nice acidity and salty character guides you for a second sip. Good.
- Leione 2005. Dominio Dostares. Castilla y León (10.2 EUR)
I can point my nose to heaven...
while saying that maybe this wine is out of its better window of consumption, that maybe the alcohol and the (burnt) wood will improve with time... Well, I don't know, but during three days it's been tons of burnt oak. Tons of oak. Tons of burnt oak. At the fourth day all we have is a flabby wine. I don't know it's prieto picudo, tempranillo, cabernet or Cinzano. This is just a method to blow away grapes that could give us a lot of joy.
- Gatinois Brut Rosé. AOC Champagne
Extremely bubbly at the beginning, that became calm minutes after. Acidity, redberries and creamyness. It's like eating a bowl of strawberries with yoghourt; even in the back a soft touch of thyme.
- Patio Joven 2009. Vino Tinto de Mesa.
Haka at minute 0.
Fruit versus herbaceous hints. Tough combat and you in between. Ouch!
But when you give time and allow Patio breathing (all of them) they change absolutely. Fruit wins, plum, dense and dark, but not overrippen, keeping a touch of freshness and herbaceous are overlapped finally. Nice sample of young wine.
- Navazos Niepoort 2008. (14-15 EUR)
Fresh herbs. From bouquet garni to the most usual herbs that those beside daisies in a bunch. Parsley sprig as the most prominent. Bakery, suizo (a kind of cake in Spain), napolitana (a biscuit strong cinnamon flavoured). Cakes and biscuits I used to eat when I was a child. Touch of pastis and thyme that dress snails in any Sevilla spring. It's better than bottle drank months before, but anyway I'm not convinced.
- Gran Feudo Sobre Lías 2008. Bodegas Julián Chivite. DO Navarra (5,85 EUR)
Under a coat.
Looks like if everything were there but under a coat that doesn't allow it to speak. Redberries and smell of crust. Nice... but I guess it'll be better when it begin to speak.